Richardson Living Magazine invites you to view entries for the 3rd annual Gingerbread House competition, benefiting the NETWORK of Community Ministries at Aloft Richardson. Organizations, businesses, families and individuals all over Richardson have constructed edible gingerbread houses, vote for your favorite!
Join the Competition!
Richardson Living Magazine invites you to participate in the 3rd annual Gingerbread House competition, benefiting the NETWORK of Community Ministries. Organizations, businesses, families and individuals are encouraged to construct a piece of this edible community for a chance to win cash prizes.
All are invited to come see the gingerbread display at the new Aloft Richardson at 1160 State St. on December 8-10. Join us at 2:00 pm on Sunday, December 10 for cookies, cocoa and the announcement of category winners.
Categories include the following:
• Adult (18+)
One gingerbread house from each category will be awarded a $200 cash prize. Category winners will be considered for the overall $300 grand cash prize! Second and third place winners from each category will be awarded prize ribbons. Houses should be dropped off at the Aloft Richardson on December 7 between 4:00 and 6:00 pm along with a $10 entry fee.
• Each exhibit to be accompianied by an entry form and entry fee of $10, payable at time of delivery. Email entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec.7.
• One gingerbread house per participant / group may be submitted.
• All gingerbread houses must be placed on a plywood board base not exceeding 18″ x 18″.
• All gingerbread houses must be 100% edible candy / embellishments / materials except the base board and candy wrappers. Non-edible support structure material other than the baseboard may not be used.
• Non-edible decorations, such as paint, ribbon, figurines, etc. may be used ONLY to decorate your base.
• Completed entries must be submitted at the Aloft on Dec. 7 from 4-6 pm.
• Originaility and creativity
• Overall appearance and appeal
• Percision and neatness